June 6, 2016
Getting OCI entered into new passport
“OCI registration certificate and visa have got to be re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age and once after completion of 50 years of age.”
1: Print this checklist: www.vfsglobal.com/india/australia/oci_pio_service/pdf/OCI-Checklist-020616.pdf
2. Get 2 inch by 2 inch passport photos – this is very difficult, so I got it from VS Global office (there are some agents who charge $15 for this).
3. Scan the photo and keep it ready.Crop it as per the following: The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height). The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height).
4. Sign on a piece of paper and scan it. Then crop it.The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3. The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height). The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height).
5. Go to https://passport.gov.in/oci/capchaActionMisc. Keep new passport and OCI card/s etc. ready.
6. Fill in the form and upload relevant photos/ signatuure.
7. Print the form.
8. Photocopy passport/ OCI card, etc. as prescribed. Sign these (self-authenticate)
9. Take to VS Global office in the city and take a waiting ticket (“interview”). After around 40 minutes someone will interview you and take the document and money (around $80 or something).
10. Track the progress here: https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury
11. When the material has reached Melbourne, take printout of the information.
12. Collect your passports (old/new/ OCI card) then visit the VS Global office again – 2nd stage OCI interview. They will take your old passport and OCI card and NOT give any receipt.
13. They claim they will send the stuff back by post within 1 week.
This is massively long and tedious process, allow two months for this.