September 22, 2018
September 16, 2018
Simply Energy charges an average of 31.41 cents per kWh but you can choose flex pricing:
40.7 cents between 7 am and 11 pm, 22.4 cents between 11 pm to 7 am
This makes sense if you draw more electricity between 11 pm and 7 am then it makes sense else not.
August 24, 2018
6 November: Spoke with Remedial membrane.
a) the external tile is a rough surface and the remedial membrane will stick to it too (one can use anti-slip mix)
b) the membrane should be installed in the early morning when the temperature is low, to allow it to cure properly DON’T install on a very hot day
c) the membrane does not create any problems in hot weather once it is cured
d) the life of the membrane is around 10 years although they warrant only four years if they install themselves.
e) there is no need to remove the membrane after 10 years. Only any areas with damage may need to be patched.
OPTION: A torch based system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=BwMVqjFW_lE
The following points to note: [source]
- We recommend liquid applied membrane systems for the Australian climate as the most practical and economic products for a secure job.
- Seamless liquid applied membranes have become the ultimate solution for deck waterproofing.
- A basic principle with new construction buildings is to view the job with the perspective that building movement will occur and therefore to secure all wall/floor joints, drains, balustrade, water exit points, hobs, sheet joints and movement joints.
- Re-Grouting and sealing is definitely not the way to repair a leaking balcony that has an existing defective membrane.
- Sealing the existing tiles would probably stop or slow down leaks for a while until it moves and cracks the grout again then it would start to leak.
- Laying a new waterproof membrane over a clean existing surface can work if the existing tiles are soundly fixed.
- There may be some blistering with the new membrane due to water vapour trapped within but that is easily dealt with – balcony repairs just take longer while you wait for the vapour to dissipate ( with the new membrane over the top).
- Many balcony designs have limited fall and unless the waterproof membrane can “hold” water they will break down over time.
- Liquid Rubber Membrane which is designed to “ponding water”, unlike a great deal of other membranes.