May 5, 2016
How to use iTag >> app iTracing2 is needed >> very limited utility
This is what it looks like:
I’ve bought from ebay so it doesn’t have “iTag” image on it – probably a cheap copy.
HOW TO OPERATE
2.Â Turn on the iTag by holding the button for three seconds, when it beeps twice the iTag is activated.
3. Turn on the bluetooth on the phone.
4. Open the iTracing app
5. iTag device will appear in the device list.
6. Connect by selecting â€œConnectâ€ (I had to use â€œsearchâ€ in order for iTracing to identify the iTag. My key is called MLE-15.
7. Turn on location on iTracing (it is the third button on the bottom of the app). Once the map appears press the button on the iTag once and the map will zoom in to your current location on the map. Press the button on the iTag again to save the location on your â€œlocate listâ€.
8. Attach it to the set of keys (or to anything you want to track).
Problem with the iTracing
It randomlyÂ goes into the “alert” mode by itself, creating a nuisance. Very annoying – keeps setting off an alarm on its own, each time it tries to “connect”. Looks like it looses connection very quickly, and on its own.
Need to reduce volume immediately, since the appÂ doesn’t immediately switch off alarm on pressing the red bar.
OTHER PROBLEMS: AUTO switch off
TO FIND KEYS
Click â€œAlertâ€ on iTracing.
TO FIND PHONE
Press button on iTag for around 2-3 seconds.
More details here: http://www.bestfixcy.com/how-to/how-to-itag-bluetooth-tracker/