April 11, 2015
How to search quickly (advanced search) in windows 7
Windows XP had a decent way to seach for things. Windows 7 is a bit of a mess.
But you can use OPERATORS;
1) to exclude 'adobe' from the title or location. Add a dash (i.e. 'subtract') adobe.
2) to search for EXACT phrases, use " " around the text (like in Google)
3) NOT/- : Both “not” as well as prefixing a dash will tell your search to exclude items that include the following term.
4) AND/+ : Both “and” as well as prefixing a plus sign will force your search to only include items that match for both terms.
5) search for a .jpg file. Type "photo kind: jpg" (without the quote). Or use photo type: jpg.