May 24, 2014
Moving the Onedrive sync folder on the local computer
Once you've allocated a location to onedrive folder on your local computer you can't simply move it.
1. Right-click setting on the onedrive "cloud' symbol in the bottom right hand side tray of the computer and UNLINK the local folder.
2. Move the folder to the relevant place on the local disck.
3. Re-establish the link by starting the linking process afresh (forget how it happened but it is easy to find).
4. While the new link it is being set up (pick the option to select customised folder, not the standard Windows folders, there is a lightly grayed box at the bottom which needs to be clicked to customise the location.
5. Once you've set the new location, onedrive automatically recognises it and updates the new location very quickly. In seconds.