October 4, 2011
Searching within a Lotus Notes mail archive > How to search efficiently within Lotus Notes
Search for mail that has been archived
1. Open the folder (in this case, the archive folder)
2. Got to View > Search this view
3. Use the search box that appears
Lotus Notes has a particuarly bad search feature.
1. Choose Menu tab "View"
2. Search this view
4. Use "Field" (e.g. for subject)
This is REALLY UGLY – Lotus Notes has the most amazingly useless list of "fields"
5. Pick the field (say, "subject") and search
6. SAVE the search (since this is all really ugly stuff, and very time consuming) – give it a suitable name
7. Next time "Load Search" and pick the relevant search.
Thank you. I was searching for a solution to the issue and found your answer. Really helped.
Thanks a lot, it was a great help for me. Too bad that notes help does not offer any help at all.
Thanks a lot easy solution but very helpful.
This is great…You really saved me lot of trouble. Thanks a lot.
Thank you! Shows how crap Lotus Notes is. Not logical or user friendly to do even such a basic action.
thanks it was indeed helpful
it is helpfull ,shame on louts to let us googleing to found solution for basic things