June 10, 2017
Step 2: Is it a local problem? Try a separate laptop/computer/ mobile phone. SBP is down from my end using all mechanisms. It is therefore not a local firewall on my computer that is causing the issue.
Step 3: Is it visible in some countries but not in others? Check APM Cloud monitor: https://asm.ca.com/en/ping.php
it could be possible that … website is accessible in certain part of the world. There is a web service available which tells us about whether a site is accessible in different cities of the world: APM Cloud monitor (Link). You should report to your hosting provider to sort it out. [Source]
In my case SBP etc. websites were losing packets across most parts of the world. Hence a problem that needs to be fixed by the hosting company.
Dreamhost support said: “Loads fine to me, probably your IP has been blocked, to unblock your IP please login to the client area at client.downtownhost.com, then go to Support (On the light blue menu) -> Unblock IP. In that way you can unblock your IP by yourself.”
That WAS the problem, after unblocking things are fine. I have no clue why this blocking occurred.
June 8, 2017
ANXPRO (located in Hong Kong) allowed transfer of AUDs in the past. That’s when I sent $200 to the exchange. It no longer takes AUDs. It also doesn’t transfer AUDs to any place, therefore I’ve now got $10 out of the $200 which is permanently frozen and can’t be withdrawn.
Coinbase allows purchase of cryptocurrency via credit card, but it has a limit of $300 each week.
I purchased $300 worth of Litecoin (LTC) recently.
I thereafter transferred from Coinbase to ANXPRO. This is how I did it:
- Go to ANXPRO and click on any cryptocurrency and it will take you to “Funds management”.
- Choose LTC under “Digital Assets”. It will give a QR code or a longish code at the bottom.
- Copy the code
- Go to Coinbase and click “Send/Request”
- Choose “LTC wallet” and enter the amount (ensure there is enough for the commission – which is a tiny amount)
- Fill in the details and enter the ANXPRO code that had been copied.
- click “Send funds”
Coinbase immediately sent me an email.
ANXPRO sent me an email 8 minutes later saying “An unconfirmed deposit for xx LTC was received. It will be processed once 6 confirmations are received on the blockchain.”
It took around 20 minutes for the amount to show up in my ANXPRO account.
June 4, 2017
ANXPRO is a well-designed exchange. In comparison, Coinbase is a very poor quality exchange.
- It doesn’t work on Google Chrome on a PC – one gets a blank screen for “dashboard”
- I had to download the app to upload my drivers licence. The thing was clunky and really badly designed. Took me nearly 5 attempts to get it right.
- The app would not update after ID and credit card details had been uploaded.
- I had to use Firefox to see the dashboard.
- I had to repeatedly try to get the “buy” system to work. It finally worked (very randomly) and although it gave me two times the message that I had been successful in buying a currency, it only worked one of the two times. False signal.
- It gives a limit only of $300 AUD each week
- You can’t sell your currency on this platform
The advantage? Its commission is pretty small, and not like the 5 to 10 per cent commission one pays in Australia!!