April 4, 2009
Incoming Mail Server: mail.freedomteam.in
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) server39.01domain.net
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.freedomteam.in (server requires authentication) port 26
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) server39.01domain.net (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
Editing FTI (PHP files)
Don’t use any specific IDE to modify php pages. In the cpanel -> File manager there are 2 editors:
1. code editor
2. basic text ditor
You can use either of them to edit the text in the page. All the php pages have very tiny php code and rest is all plain html.
Text 9 – green headings
Backing up FTI
1. Install putty from http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/
2. Enter host (ideally
3. Click ssh as protocol and hit Open. Enter password in shell window.
4. cd public_html
5. run ./backup
6. It produces a file called fti.tgz which is basically tar gzip of FTI’s directory.
7. FTP the file; save in backoffice.
ALTERNATIVE: Backup can be taken from cpanel->File Manager. Just click on public_html folder on LHS navigation and it will list all the folder contents on RHS panel. Check relevant domain and click on ‘compress” button on the top.
To create/edit news you need to log on to the CPANEL of our website and click on PhpMyAdmin (under databases) section. Inside PhpMyAdmin aelect database “site” and choose table “news”. There are options and menu links availble on that page to insert and browse data. It is a pretty simple table and by looking at 2 existing records you will understand it better.
changing titles (slugs)
There is a page title and page slug. Page slug is the one that actually forms actual hyper link.
March 6, 2009
1. Start menu not in alphabetical order
A solution is offered at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177482
(this solution barely works, though)
2. Windows explorer searches are too slow
The best way to resolve: do this immediately as the system becomes slow. Use Windows restore. Go to programs – accessories – system tools – system restore and pick a point about 2-3 weeks prior. That should generally work.
3. Windows explorer thumbnails are too small
a) Download and install Tweak UI from here
- Install Tweak UI and run it.
- Double-click Explorer menu in the left, and choose Thumbnails
- In the right-pane, alter the Thumbnail Size – Default value being 96
- You can also change the quality of the thumbnails using the slider at the top
The Thumbnail size and quality metrics are stored in the following registry values: