Sanjeev Sabhlok's notes on technology, hardware, gardening

Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 not installing on Windows 7 64 bit machine.

Nuance says Version 13 is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. BUT:

First I got this restart message:

A reboot may now be necessary. We recommend you restart your computer and then launch the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 installer again.

Do you want to proceed with the Dragon NaturallySpeaking13 installation now, without restarting?
(if you have already restarted more than once, click "Yes" to proceed.)

I restarted but the same issue arose AGAIN. So I proceeded to "Yes", filled in the Serial Numbers, but after TWICE doing this, I got the message (each time):

The wizard was interrupted before Dragon NaturallySpeaking could completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard.

If you say "no" you get:

The wizard was interupted before Dragon NaturallySpeaking could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

This is a pain.

I tried running the .msi file and got this message:

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 requires elevation. Please run setup.exe from the installation source.

SOME RESEAERCH

NUANCE DATABASE:

Dragon NaturallySpeaking fails to install on Microsoft Windows 7

"The Wizard was Interrupted" or Dragon may roll back at the end of an install

– I tried to follow instructions and now in my list of programs, the following shows up: "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK" but the problem was STILL not resolved.

http://www.lehsys.com/2009/02/how-to-install-dragon-naturallyspeaking-9-on-windows-7-64-bit/  [Too complicated, probably irrelevant]

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

sabhlok

View more posts from this author
10 thoughts on “Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 not installing on Windows 7 64 bit machine.
  1. Larry Henry

Thanks for the mention. I had Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 installed on my Windows 7 system; installed without issue [http://goo.gl/Y2xULT]. Sadly, I downgraded Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 to 12 because of it’s new limitations [http://goo.gl/Ah1tyx]. good luck with your version.

1. sabhlok

My version installed on a Windows 8 laptop, but that’s not the one I want to use (not as powerful enough as my PC).

2. hillgem

dragon 13 not installing on windows 7. This is crap wasted time and money pound. Will be telling EVERYBODY in writers circles NOT to bother with this rubbish

1. sabhlok

I’ve installed on a Windows 8 laptop and it works there. Unfortunately, the processor of the laptop is simply not good enough.

3. Bette

Dragon 13 installed OK on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. However, in the past month or so I have been getting messages from Windows: “Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 requires elevation. Please run setup.exe from the installation source. First I tried “Fixing” it, but that only helped for a short time. Then I tried un-installing DNS 13, then re-installing it. That helped it work a bit longer, but it crashed again today. I noticed that two updates were installed to my computer last night. Is there any connection between upgrades to Windows and losing the ability to use DNS 13? Any help will be appreciated.

1. Justin

You just need to go into compmgmt.msc (computer management), unlock your administrator account and undisable it, and switch users to ADMINISTRATOR *(dont ask me why “Run as admin” doesnt work).

Then switch back to your regular account and it works. That’s some kinda bad programming right there i tell you.

4. Brian

Have had Dragon 13 for about a year and have had no luck in installing it. Will switching to straight “Administrator ” account help with this installation? Am running Window 7 Home Premium on an HP Pavalion computer with 1 Terabyte HD and 6GB memory / AMD athlon II 635 quad core processor. Any additional advice?

5. Brian

Have had Dragon 13 for about a year and have had no luck in installing it. Will switching to straight “Administrator ” account help with this installation? Am running Window 7 Home Premium on an HP Pavilion computer with 1 Terabyte HD and 6GB memory / AMD Athlon II 635 quad core processor. Any additional advice? Have attempted to install at least 7 or 8 X’s with no luck at all.

THIS IS 2ND ATTEMPT AT GETTING WHAT WANTED ASKED RIGHT’

6. xMan

So noting that MSXML4.0 SP2 might be a security issue.

I found this-

If are you able to navigate to the SetupPrerequisites folder on the CD. You will see 2 folders:

MSXML4.0 SP2

dotNetFramework

Run both the “dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe” and the “msxml4.msi”

Once those prerequisites are installed try another installation of Dragon.