April 14, 2014
How to set up and use Quantcast
Quantcast seems to be helpful in terms of the data it provides to users but it has one of the most badly designed interfaces. No one can find out anything about how to use it. And its key buttons are all over the place. I’m building this for my own use.
First of all, the site is a total mess. You can’t find anything.
First – before doing anything else, click the following domain
Now that you are the right spot, you can do the following:
Insert quantcast code into WordPress blog
Step 1: Get the Quantcast code
1. click “Add a website” which is to the right of the screen, above.
2. Enter the name of the URL
[Under Quantify Your Site (right side of page), click Generate Tag. [see this]]
Step 2: Add the code to footer.php
In the HTML code of every webpage of your site, place the relevant code just before the </body> tag and any other measurement tags.
OPTION 1: through WordPress dashboard
Appearance> Editor> footer.php
Add quantcast tag before </body> tag.
OPTION 2: “Add to footer” plugin
[NOTE TO MYSELF: THE CODE IS ALREADY IN THE PLUGIN. ALSO I’VE STORED IT IN AN EMAIL]
There is a bit of description on Quantcast website about how this is done: here.
[copy for my record:
To get Quantified:
- If you have not already done so, create a Quantcast account.
- Sign in. Under Quantify Your Site (right side of page), click Generate Tag.
- Under Your Site, enter the URL (web site address) you’re looking to Quantify.
- Under Your Tag, select and copy the code shown. This is the tag you need to place on your pages (example below).
- In the HTML of all website pages, place the following code just before the
</body>tag and any other measurement tags.
- Optional – Under AdChoices Privacy Icon, if you want to display the AdChoices icon on your site, check the option. This free offering enables you to participate in ad industry self-regulation by providing consumers with choices and control.Learn more.
- Optional – Under Advanced Settings, check Use multiple p-codes in your tag if you want to create a tag which is tied to multiple accounts. Learn more.
- Click Submit Site.
After you have implemented your tag, Quantcast will send you an email verifying that everything is working properly. You’ll receive another notification when reports are ready to view.
If you’re looking to split the asynchronous tag or use multiple IDs in a tag, consult the advanced measurement guide.
How to insert subdomains/ properties/ sites into Quantcast
Now for the next step.
Click properties tab (on the top) – and check if yoursubdomain has been included. If not, do the same steps as above and ensure that the subdomain is specifically quantified.