October 4, 2011
Searching within a Lotus Notes mail archive > How to search efficiently within Lotus Notes
Search for mail that has been archived
1. Open the folder (in this case, the archive folder)
2. Got to View > Search this view
3. Use the search box that appears
Lotus Notes has a particuarly bad search feature.
1. Choose Menu tab "View"
2. Search this view
4. Use "Field" (e.g. for subject)
This is REALLY UGLY – Lotus Notes has the most amazingly useless list of "fields"
5. Pick the field (say, "subject") and search
6. SAVE the search (since this is all really ugly stuff, and very time consuming) – give it a suitable name
7. Next time "Load Search" and pick the relevant search.